Friday, November 28, 2008

May he be comforted....

Baruch Dayan Emet. (Blessed is the one true judge.)

With the various bits of horrendous news from Mumbai, I've found my thoughts focused on the son (Moshe Tzvi ben Rivka) of the Chabad couple...... that poor little boy. May he be (greatly!) comforted among the mourners of Zion.

Another good post. I'm not a Chabadnik (I tend to see it as like pistachio ice cream - it can be really good ice cream, just not my taste.......) but Ron Coleman's point is a good one: this couple, while they had a religious motivation (bringing Jews to observance, preferably as defined by their particular hassidic group), devoted themselves to helping others have a good [kosher] meal and find their way physically and/or spiritually. I hope their families (and especially their son) find comfort in the success (from what I've heard) the Holtzbergs had in doing what they set out to do.

David Bogner, at his always enjoyable Treppenwitz, had two good posts on what's happened: what's not odd and parallels.

Moshe Tzvi ben Rivka and everyone else who has lost a loved one in these attacks: Hamakom yinachem eschem b'soch sha'ar availay Tzion v'Yerushalayim. (May Hashem, Who is everywhere, comfort you amongst the other mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.)

No comments: