Thursday, June 15, 2006

My new 10% rule

I've decided that I need to discard at least 10% of my stuff between now and Labor Day weekend. I've just plain old got too much and the clutter is getting to me. And, anyway, I need room to see my yarn and the books that matter and so on......... We've been in this apartment 6+ years and I noticed a couple boxes of stuff I haven't opened in that time when I was digging ina closet for something else yesterday evening. Out it all goes. I'm going to be ruthless! Yes, I am too capable of being ruthless with stuff. I may be a packrat but I swear I can be ruthless.........really, I can be! [Have I convinced you yet? Have I convinced myself yet?]

One of the great ironies of life: at the moment, 4 of the 7 projects I have on the needles are baby blankets (in contrast to me, I have some fertile friends/family.......). Not sure how easy it will be to work on those the next few weeks, as I'm feeling a bit emotionally shaky still (pout). Maybe I'll focus on the shawl from the wonderful mohair I got at MD Sheep & Wool. Or I can do more socks, just to refine the skills needed.

Have a meeting tonight, with a supper I've already paid for, so I'm not going to just go home and sleep the way I'd like to (as I didn't sleep much last night). Seth's away this weekend, so I'm thinking I'll hibernate and work on the mohair shawl and the 10% rule.........

3 comments:

Miss Tonia said...

I like the 10% rule. Maybe I should barrow the idea from you. I just moved and found boxes I hadn't opened in 8 years.

starrypurplehaze said...

I'm a packrat, too, and I just made a move to a much smaller apartment...I had to get rid of SOOOOOOOOO much. It kinda hurt!

If you feel like knitting socks, I'll pay you for the yarn to knit me some. ;)

Philly Farmgirl said...

I believe ya B! No, really, I believe ya!
:::how's that for good friend support!:::