Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mean friends

My friend-to-be-named-later and I are mean friends: we made Yael cry yesterday. And on her birthday, too..... But we aren't one tiny bit ashamed of making her cry. Why? Well, F-T-B-N-L decided that Yael needed to have a surprise birthday party (as it was one of those birthdays ending in zero). So she enlisted Yael's husband, some various and sundry other family/friends, and me to help out, and we completely surprised Yael. Pictures to follow when I get them off the camera.

F-T-B-N-L spent Sunday afternoon discussing said party and working on curtains for her apartment. One of my rebellions against mass-market consumerism: I really dislike the narrow choices (and high prices) of mass-marketed curtains, so I am a big advocate of making my own, as I then get exactly what I want. So I figured it was as good a time as any to get F-T-B-N-L started on the right decorating path..........Teased F-T-B-N-L that she's the kid sister I never had -- but that she might want to check with Ted before deciding if that is a good thing or not.

In the final stages of the countdown to getting to the Point: less than 72 hours now.

No comments: