Friday, November 18, 2005

One of my guilty pleasures.........

The never-developed frustrated architect in me has a new outlet....... The New York Times real estate section, in addition to listing fancy prices (and effusive descriptions) for fancy real estate, also often has floor plans for the fancy apartments and townhouses advertised. I can get my fix for new mental images for free (saves money and gets me a different style of plan compared to the plan magazines one can get at many bookstores).
The ones that really click for me, I can save a graphic file and then play with in PhotoShop, remaking the condo/house to my preference, like I'd do it if I had the money and time. ;-) [insert sheepish grin here -- I'm a geek and proud of it]
There are times I really think I should have been an architect. I've been fascinated by floor plans since I was 3 and drew one of my new bedroom to send to my grandmother (who hadn't seen our new house yet).

No comments: