Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tremendous thanks!

Sneaking a post in at lunch.... 'cuz I'm really trying to get caught up (and I didn't have the energy to go out, so I might as well use my time well).....

One of the drawbacks of extended not feeling well when one is already overcommitted is that the hole one ends up in gets very big very quickly......and one of the ickiest parts of that big hole is that I'm behind on thanking the wonderful people who have sent me fiber-y goodness...very bad on my part, I must say (Mum would be appalled.....)

So, flipping a coin about who goes first....

From a Ravelry group swap... theknitaholic sent me some wonderful squishy soft purple yarn..... and some adorable stitch markers. The picture doesn't do the rich deep color justice.....it is sooooooo yummy......



From SP13, a box of goodies from Penny..... some chocolate (looks yummy.....), some lotion, a knitting calendar, some fiber for spinning (haven't touched the wheel in ages.... maybe this gorgeous stuff will change that...).......



and an incredibly beautiful challah cover....... I always look forward to Shabbat - but this makes me want Shabbat NOW! NOW! right NOW!


I'm assuming that all that fibery goodness has distracted all of you - and that those of you still reading are shortly off to do something more worthwhile...but let me just say I'm really glad today for my Outlook calendar, as I misremembered the time of today's dr. appt. Fortunately, my oh-so-necessary external memory kicked in with a nice little reminder ;-) So, evidently, the last round of drugs did 2/3 of their jobs.... the throat and the ear infections are gone, as best he can tell. But the sinuses.... still an issue. Ugh. But at least that explains the continuing headaches that frequently feel like someone is sticking a stiletto from my right frontal bone through to the occipital, leading to only short spurts at the computer (as that seems to make it worse....). So a stronger anti-biotic and a different prescription decongestant are in my immediate future. Let's hope this decongestant doesn't make me as loopy as the last one.....as that would be pretty scary ;-)




2 comments:

Penny said...

I am so glad you enjoyed all your gifts and that you like the Challah Cover that was made with a lot of love.
Feel better soon.

Marg B said...

Ooh! I love the Challah Cover - it is gorgeous and am glad to know my package made it safely over the seas. Hope you feel better soon.

Marg