Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sometimes, the universe seems to....

Sometimes, the universe seems to either have it in for me or have a sense of humor even more warped than mine......

Twice in the last week, I've gotten one of those calls - a week ago, my husband ended up at the emergency room with a broken nose (which is still hurting him - but maybe now he'll be more careful in the decrepit old buildings that his work takes him to......*).

Then Dad on Monday; he's still in the hospital while they do tests and try to figure out what is wrong. Needless to say, he's somewhat discouraged ;-) and he hates the food - but they've got him on a special diet, so Ted (who happens to be in Buffalo for a conference) can't take him anything to eat.....

At work, I'm in one of four offices off a little side hall. Monday and Tuesday, three of the four of us had fathers in the hospital. I suggested to the fourth person that she might want to see if there were any vacant offices she could move to ;-)

I reminded Ted to drive carefully as he made his way from DC to Buffalo. I don't need another of those calls ;-)




*We gave him a hard hat one year for that late December holiday ;-) but I'm not sure he's ever used it.......

No comments: