Wednesday, July 09, 2008

SP12 question of the week

[Back from dial-up exile - more soon on Dad's big move, Maine, and craft-y stuff {yarns and soaps and oh my.....}....but wanted to answer this.......]

Boy, time flies. Summer is when many of us head out on vacation/holiday. So, this week’s question has us wondering:
1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday?
2) Where is one place you’d like to go?

My favorite place to go is Maine (duuuhhhh....), even if it does mean dial-up exile ;-)

But I really liked Scotland and would be glad to go back there. Ditto for Toronto and Boston - I never turn down opportunities to head to those cities. Didn't get to see as much of England as I'd like on my trips there, so that's on the 'return to' list..

Places I haven't been but would like to go? Israel tops the list. Korea is fairly high up there, too, as is Turkey. East Africa. Ireland. Iberian Peninsula (Spain, Portugal). Finland and Norway. And Cuba might be interesting (Mum had been there as a college student......and various Canadian relatives have gone there for holidays). Australia and New Zealand, as well as various south Pacific islands (Fiji, Easter Island, Micronesia, and so on).

Closer to home, I'd love to do a kosher food crawl of Queens - Bukharan and other such exotic flavors. Savannah and Charleston look like interesting quick (long weekend if flying) getaway destinations.

No comments: