Tuesday, October 02, 2007

SP11 contest

I've not been in the right place at the right time to do Christine's previous SP11 contests, but I'm home sick from work today and looking for simple amusements ;-) to occupy my less-than-fully-functioning brain so here goes:

Name your favorite:
Actor/Actress - don't have great favorites in this area. Several people where I've liked enough of their stuff that I'm likely to go see anything new by default......Ed Harris, Chris Cooper, Edward Norton, Hugh Laurie, George Clooney.... blanking on other names (told you the brain isn't quite here today........)

Animal - kitties (that's an easy one.......)

Band - Battlefield Band. OK, so that's a bit of a fudge - but I don't tend to listen to the type of music that this question is getting at ;-) Then again, I could have answered these guys.

Book - making me choose is mean ;-) Really, really mean. This really depends on my mood - am I in the mood for inspiration (in which case it is likely to be something Jewish), a comfort read (Dorothy L. Sayers and her Lord Peter books), well-written entertainment (Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series)?

Bubble Bath - shower girl here - don't own any (does skinny dipping in the lake in Maine count? That water is as soft as can be.........)

Candy - Aero Mint bars (not available in the US - I stock up on Canadian and British trips)

Color - mauve overall, purple for anything I wear

Flower - roses

Food - lobster (ok, so it's not kosher - still my favorite.......). And I'd give just about anything to have Mum's blueberry muffins again, 'cuz that would mean that she'd be around to make them ;-)

Lip Balm - don't have one, as I don't use it

Lotion - whatever I can find in the apt.

Movie - like with books, depends on my mood. A few candidates.........Serious: Braveheart, Judgment at Nuremberg. Light entertainment: Ocean's 11 (the remake), Keeping the Faith (I did say light entertainment......)

Song - "Dumbarton's Drums"

TV Show - Law & Order of the current crop of shows (followed by Without a Trace and Cold Case plus Bones and House), Star Trek all-time

Vacation Spot - the place in Maine, although that kinda sorta qualifies as 'home' so I'll say as a second choice Edinburgh/Southern Scotland

1 comment:

GI said...

Awww, I'm sorry you're home sick. Hope you are feeling better soon.