Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday scoop

So Dad has been moved to a regular room at the hospital, but the cranial bleeding is still there, based on CAT scan from yesterday. But he's feeling better -- and getting restless. They still haven't had him up & moving, but he said this morning he was going to start campaigning for that. On Friday, I did finally manage to get some details about the accident: according to the insurance compnay, a car ran a red light and pushed Dad's car into a parked car, so he actually had two impacts, which explains the level of being shaken up being quite so high.

His friends and neighbors have been great, as they've gotten all his stuff from the totalled car (he had to be cut out from the car, evidently) and dealt with getting him unshredded clothes to go home in (and they've stayed ahead of me asking!), plus he's had a steady stream of visitors.

If there's a silver lining to all of this (other than once again having confirmation that he knows very nice people) it is that Dad is finally beginning to consider moving out of the house I grew up in (big for a family of 4; enormous for one stubborn old grouch........). He hasn' t decided whether to stay in Buffalo or move nearer to me and Ted. While I'd like to have him closer (I freely admit to being selfish on this........), I also know that starting over in a new place would be rather stressful as well. So we'll let him decide and figure out how to make it work.

Yup, I got really lucky in the parent division of the sweepstakes of life ;-)

On the knitting front, I've gotten bits done on various projects but nothing finished yet. I figured out a use for the one skein of Noro Lily I have in color 122: I'm doing a little bag to hold the book of Tehillim (Psalms) and the prayer book I carry with me. Since I've had the Tehillim out frequently the last few days, I decided it was time for a nicer cover than the sandwich bag I'd been using.

No comments: