Sunday, February 12, 2006

It's official: I hate my KO project

OK, maybe hate is too strong a word but I'm not liking it.

I psecifically chose acrylic for its washable-ness, as I want this poncho for wearing at work. where it will likely be in the line of fire of a cranky copier/printer and the like. BUt my last few projects have been either with wool or nice cotton -- and I'd forgotten how much less nice acrylic can be.

So I started promptly on Friday (takign a late lunch to cast on at 2pm) and got a bit further than this (I'd gotten to the end of the ball of black):












before deciding that (despite my swatch) that 11s weren't big enough and that I wanted to use 13s. So I ripped out that version and started again. At the end of day 1, I had gotten this far on take 2:









Without cable, the Olympics weren't on this a.m., so I watched a couple episodes of M*A*S*H and got this far, despite my distractions:

No comments: