Thursday, December 22, 2005

Busy times

I've been busy, both at work and at home, which is why it has been a while since I've posted here (and you don't want to know how behind I am on email........).

The company I work for is opening a new location on 3 weeks notice (the usual is 8 weeks, with 6 as the 'normal' minimum). So I've been busily redoing materials for that.

Went to Brooklyn last Sunday. Had a great time. I was alone, which can be nice -- don't need to worry about boring anyone else, and I can do what I want at the speed I want to. [On the other hand, I also like going with company, as sharing the experience is also very nice..... so I figure I win either way!]

The area of Brooklyn I went to is heavily Jewish -- to the point that the very few yards with Christmas displays really stood out. Quite a difference from around here.

I've managed to get a few more books catalogued around other tasks and commitments (LibraryThing can be very addictive!), as well as getting the apartment cleaned a bit in anticipation of Dad's visit. He arrived yesterday (several hours earlier than we'd expected -- he got up and going faster than he normally does these days, plus he ran into no traffic or weather problems on the drive). It's really nice to have him around for a bit ;-)

No comments: