Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lime & Violet swap answers

Some overlap from the SP10 but here is is anyway....
1. What kind of fibers do you prefer?
I'm pretty much an equal opportunity yarn collector. I’m not a very picky person about yarn - I try to match the yarn to the project. I do tend to avoid acrylics [100% acrylics - I use wool/acrylic blends or cotton for baby stuff] and fun furs/novelty yarns [don’t like working with them and most projects I am attracted to don’t need those].

2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)? lean towards sock to light worsted but I've used everything at one time or another (well, except super-bulky.....but otherwise I've used from laceweight to bulky, and I have some cobweb that's awaiting inspiration........)

On questions 1 & 2: I'm likely to be as influence by the feel & color of a yarn -- if I like it, I'll buy it and then find a project/recipient to match. I'm quite easily seduced by color: Love purple and mauve, with the colonial family [as I call it: sage green and slate blue] not far behind. Apartment is done in what I think of as dark rich colors: navy, burgundy/maroon, hunter green with bits of purple/lavender and mauve to lighten it up.Yellows/reds/oranges make me look like I died three days ago, so I tend to avoid them.

3. Do you spin? not yet; I started an Etsy store to help fund a wheel purchase

4. Do you crochet? just enough to finish knitting projects

5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don't? I tend to have rather low impulse control (Yael, stop laughing......) when it comes to books, but see the Amazon wish list

6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum? Not this year - did several last year and got overcommitted, so I'm trying to just stick to swaps for now. But I'm sure something will tempt me at some point.......

7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com? (provide a link) Recently culled the Amazon wishlist a fair bit ('twas getting waaaay past the able-to-manage level), but there's still plenty to see And I try to keep my LibraryThing catalogue reasonable up-to-date with what I already have.

8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from? Like lots of them, too many to mention

9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)? I want to learn to spin and weave; currently do some photography and sewing.

10. What is your favorite sort of scent? Either subtle flower/plant smells (lilac/lavender) or ‘baking’/homey ones like vanilla, key lime pie, or apple cinnamon

11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best? Way too much of a sweet tooth. Chocolate (milk chocolate is the first choice, followed by white). Definitely prefer foods with hechshers .

12. What kind of music do you like? Scottish folk, Jewish, some country, much classical.

13. What do you like to knit? And for whom? I like just about everything -- and I'm pretty free with spreading the woolen/alpaca/linen love around......

14. What sort of things do you like to collect?
Post-it notes with cute pictures/sayings;
calendars, mugs, t-shirts and canvas bags with pictures of things I’m interested in (cats, Scotland, Maine, genealogy, Judaism) [I’ve managed to help Cafe Press’s business quite a bit].

15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer? I have enough needles for any three serious knitters.....seriously! Had my own considerable collection, then I inherited my mother's even more considerable collection -- and then I bought a set of Knitpicks Options. Although I wouldn't mind Options tips in mid-range (6 to 9) sizes or more shorter cables (24 and 32 inch)........

No comments: