Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Melting..........

Not much news here. It has been hot, so what few brain cells I normally have have been fried. I've gotten some reading in, and a bit of knitting (but nothing finished recently....... lots of things at the 75% done stage!). I ordered some Knitpicks yarn to dye but it has been way too hot to even think of doing anything with it!

The only family member who likes it this hot is the cat -- her old bones aren't cold for once. In fact, based on this picture and this one, it still isn't warm enough for her!

I did manage to upload a few pictures from my summer vacation here.
One interesting quirk of life: I don't know if it is the same for other women, but I've found that the cycle after a miscarriage is at least as difficult (both emotionally and in some ways physically) as the miscarriage itself. A real reminder of what might have been, I guess.

1 comment:

Philly Farmgirl said...

I kinda agree with the beastie. I don't mind the heat near as much as the rest of my family, although it was getting pretty oppressive even for me.

As far as the miscarriage goes, I think most women do feel that way. I remember for me it was so surreal. I had so many emotions. I also found myself depressed during that time of year the following year. I am sorry for your loss...I wish there were better words.